Both men and women can have chronic abdominal pain, but if abdominal pain in women is not accompanied by intestinal complaints, then there is probably something wrong in the gynecological field. However, the gynecologist cannot always find a clear cause of the complaints. So what’s going on and what can you do about it?
Chronic abdominal pain
The chronic abdominal pain is an abdominal pain that lasts for more than a few months. This pain can be dormant with intermittent periods of more pain. It differs from woman to woman, but also from period to period in each individual. It is not always predictable what the abdominal pain reacts to. Sometimes it is worse after or before defecation or urination. Sometimes this is less present during holidays or in the summer period. Menstruation and ovulation can also contribute to aggravating or reducing pain symptoms. Sometimes sexual intercourse is no longer pleasant and if the pain comes on at night, sleeping problems can occur. In short, the variation in the perception of the complaint is enormous. Many women are very concerned about this, also because their daily activities are put under enormous pressure. Things they used to do without thinking are avoided because of the pain. They also don’t want to be a whiner for their partner or children, but they are regularly reminded by the pain that something is not right.
It is clear that it is not the intestines and you go with it to the gynecologist
Your regular doctor will see soon enough if your abdominal pain has something to do with gut or whether it lies on a gynecological field. If the latter Is the case, you will have to be sent to the gynecologist. The examination typically starts with a survey of the blood and urine. Mostly there is no definite outcome from this and an ultrasound or laparoscopy (internal investigations) will follow. Tissue samples are often taken and sent to the laboratory. You hope, of course, is that nothing serious is found, and this is usually also the case.
What could be the problem?
The conditions or changes that can be found are the following:
- The presence of a myoma, which is also known as a fibroid in the uterus (womb). It usually is a small deformity in the uterus (womb). It is unusual for it to be the cause of the pain, unless it is a large mass. And even then, it is not an indication for treatment.
- A different shape of your uterus (womb). The uterus is normally in the shape of an inverted pear, but sometimes it will have a different form, such as in the shape of a heart. It is also possible that there is a wall within the womb: a septum. Also, these defects in shape, give seldom, or never, and the abdominal pains that you may have.
- An abnormal position of the uterus. Every woman has a uterus that is tilted. Usually forward and sometimes backward; a retroflexion uterus. It was thought that this last condition could be the cause of abdominal pain, but we do not know for sure and this also will never be a reason for treatment.
- Varicose veins around the uterus or varicosis pelvi. The veins in the pelvis and around the uterus can also be very dilated. They are therefore simply called varicose veins. The medical world also doesn’t know what to do with it. Whether this is a cause for the complaints is doubted and treatment is therefore not done.
- Abnormality of the fallopian tubes. The Fallopian tubes are the tubes that run from the ovaries (ovaries) to the uterus. At the end of the fallopian tube there may be vesicles as a result of a former inflammation, a hydrosalpinx. These are also rarely seen as the cause of the abdominal pain. Only then when there is a new inflammation. The treatment is then to remove this.
Morgagni’s cyst or parovarian cyst is another fluid cyst at the end of the fallopian tube. This is considered normal and not a cause of your stomach pain.
A cyst in the ovary (ovarian cyst) can sometimes continue to grow and sometimes disappear spontaneously. If this does not disappear, mucus or connective tissue can form in it. It is a benign abnormality that is usually left for what it is.
A wonder growth, dermoid cyst is a fourth form of cyst in the fallopian tube. This can contain bone, sebum or hair. This cyst is also rarely seen as the cause of your abdominal complaints.
- Endometriosis. Endometriosis is a mucous membrane or connective tissue that is located on the inside of the uterus. However, these deformities can also continue to grow and occur outside the uterus, around and in the ovaries, in and around the intestines. Endometriosis usually responds to hormonal changes. In an initial stage it is not seen as harmful and such a membrane will usually disappear on its own, but it doesn’t disappear from itself and continues to grow, causing connective tissue growth and adhesions, complaints with urination, defecation, during sex and menstruation are often present. Endometriosis that causes symptoms is often treated hormonally. The results are variable and a permanent solution to the complaints is rarely achieved.
- Inflammation of the fallopian tubes is often found after a bacterial infection, whether or not due to a venereal disease such as chlamydia. Inflammations of this nature are treated with antibiotics.
Often no answer for a solution
A whole range of complaints. Often the appendix and the liver are also looked at. But usually there is no answer in the sense of a treatment that leads to the disappearance of the abdominal pain. Of course it is nice to know that nothing serious is going on, but you do want the complaints to go as well.
Alternative medicine does not only look for abnormalities, but also examines what can cause these abnormalities. If you look at the list of aberrations, you may already see similarities. They all have to do with poor nutrition and blood circulation. Because when the nutrition of your tissue is good and the blood circulation reaches everything, there will be no deformities, changes or closures. You can therefore work on this and an acupuncturist, herbarist, homeopath, osteopath and others who work in alternative medicine will recommend this to you. Experience shows that this does lead to success. No mediciation, antibiotics and certainly no interventions, just do what your body needs.
- Let go of your worries. That’s easy to say, but not so easy for most. It is best to arrange your daily routine in such a way that there is enough time left to take a look at yourself and do what you need. You can also rely on the fact that you are now going to use a systematic program to get rid of your complaints and that this will work. Empty your head and lead all motherly attention into your belly.
- Keep a warm belly. Blood flow is equivalent to warmth. So make sure you truck in your belly nicely, give it a hot water bottle (hot pack) twice a day and warm it from the inside with ginger tea. Forget cooling foods such as yogurt, raw vegetable salads and tropical fruits. Cook like grandmother and only use the microwave to heat up your hot pack.
- Take care of cleaning up your waste products. Waste products are often found in the intestines, but they also end up in the environment between the cells. This also stagnates nutrition and blood flow. So ensure that these waste products are cleaned up by eating a healthy diet and taking Taiwan Chlorella as an extra cleanser. No natural remedy is such an adequate cleaner. There are other means, sometimes even more intense (also less natural such as food-grade hydrogen peroxide), but with the risk that complications will arise. You also have to make sure that you rebuild your intestinal culture afterwards. With Taiwan Chlorella, this all stays in a natural balance.
- Get exercise. Sitting for a long time is often a cause for poor blood circulation and is underestimated. Do not sit for hours, but move regularly. In addition, do something that gets you moving, but doesn’t exhaust you. Because energy loss is heat loss. Think of jogging, walking or cycling slowly.
5. Trust in yourself. You are the expert of your own body Instead of doubting your body, learn to listen to it and use what it needs.
Put in your effort, work steadily, then you will see results quickly and you will regain the confidence and pleasure in yourself. Good luck.